People of any age can face the problem of worm infection. As you know, parasites can live asymptomatically in your body for a long time, so it is important to take preventive measures to cleanse the body from time to time. Signs of the presence of parasites in the human body are reflected in the general condition of the person, he is often haunted by chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive disorders, sleep disorders and appetite disorders. Today we will talk about how to recognize worms in the body. In the following article, you will learn about the characteristics of the symptoms and treatment of parasitic infections.
What are parasites
Parasites are creatures that can live in the human body and feed on it. There are many different types of parasites that can cause different symptoms and diseases. They can also disguise themselves in various diseases. Parasitic infections can very often develop in children, but also in adults, especially if pets are kept at home. Parasites are creatures that can live in the human body and feed on it.
Science has proven that there are more than two hundred and fifty different species of parasites. And medical statistics show that 95% of people are infected with parasites. In the human body, parasites live in clover and multiply in various organs and systems of the body.
They live in the intestines, as well as in the liver, they can live in the lungs, in the heart and even in the brain, blood and lymph. Worms are very common in people with weakened immune systems. The parasites live for a very long time and are constantly multiplying exponentially.
The main mechanisms of worm spread
- Soil, sand and other types of soil are the most fertile habitat for worm eggs. The fruits are in constant contact with the ground. Greens, fruits and vegetables come into contact with workers' hands during harvest, with dusty shelves of vegetable stores and trucks. In such conditions, contamination of the product with parasite eggs is very likely. Therefore, it is necessary to wash the plant products well under running water, and then pour boiling water over them. Particular care should be taken in rural areas, where pets walk around the yard and then enter the house. It is not difficult to imagine what kind of sewage a cat or dog can bring into the house after a night walk. Flies and cockroaches are also carriers of helminth eggs. By sitting on food, insects can infect your food. Any contact with soil and sand can lead to the entry of parasites into the human body. Therefore, it is necessary to wash your hands thoroughly, especially under the nails. This is especially true for children.
- From person to person. This mechanism of infection is very effective. For example, pinworms lay their eggs at night in the area around the anus. A child in a state of sleep scratches the place where the eggs are laid, because that is where the itching begins. Thousands of eggs fall on clothes, on the bed, and in the morning on the handles and on everything that the little fidget touches in the morning and before washing hands and washing. As a result, the whole family is at risk of infection.
- Through contact with water. Open water bodies contain a huge number of worm species. Bathing and accidental ingestion of water pose a serious risk of infection
Children are much more likely than adults to be infected with worms. This is due to the fact that the child's body is poorly protected (protective mechanisms are still being formed), and the child is actively in contact with the external environment. Parents should make incredible efforts to get him used to the basic rules of personal hygiene. A baby under the age of 6 is at high risk of infection. According to statistics, about 95% of children under the age of 4-5 become infected with worms. Therefore, special attention must be paid to prevention.
Most species of worms are found in the body, only lay eggs there and die after a certain time. For example, pinworms live 6-8 weeks, roundworms - up to 1 year. The number of parasites in the body increases only with the entry of new eggs from the outside.
The treatment allows you to get rid of worms much faster and stop laying eggs in the gut. It is almost impossible for children with helminthic invasion to recover without medication. New eggs will constantly enter the oral cavity, filling the rows of adults in the child's body.
By what signs to recognize helminthic invasion
Signs of worms in humans are obvious and hidden. "Unreasonable" weight loss, pale appearance (skin anemia), chronic fatigue, night itching in the anal area are obvious. These manifestations are well known and indicate infection. There are often cases of helminthic invasion, in which diseases of internal organs worsen, and diseases that did not manifest before appear. This is considered a hidden sign.
Man is led to the treatment of many diseases, and the cause is left unattended. In this case, the therapy does not give results. Here are examples of such cases:
Infectious diseases as a consequence of reduced immunity
Parasites, while in the human body, consume a lot of nutrients, releasing toxic substances. Such circumstances significantly reduce the patient's immunity. Exacerbation of chronic diseases, various inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx can begin. Parasites, while in the human body, consume a lot of nutrients, releasing toxic substances. Such circumstances significantly reduce the patient's immunity.
Treating sinusitis or stomatitis in the standard way is pointless. It is important to rule out the cause. In girls and women can often begin inflammatory processes of the uterine appendages, vulvovaginitis, vaginosis of various origins.
Folk signs say: if a person in a dream snores or grits his teeth, it means that he should be treated for parasites. But this information has not been confirmed by medical science.
General weakness as a result of intoxication of the body
The more serious the helminthic invasion of the patient, the more harmful parasites secrete. This adversely affects the well-being and nervous system of adults and children.
An example of this is migraine, dizziness, joint pain. Overcoming nausea, the person takes painkillers, but the pain returns after a short time: the cause of the disease has gone unnoticed.
In children, disorders of the nervous system are accompanied by irritability, apathy, aggression. If your child has started to sleep poorly, talk in his sleep, see nightmares, slipped into learning, then it's time to start preventing helminthiasis.
Allergic reactions, skin pathologies
Worm waste products are perceived as triggers of allergens. Skin reactions (rash, itching, rash, peeling of the skin) - this is the minimum of symptoms that can occur when the allergy starts. Skin reactions (rash, itching, rash, peeling of the skin) - this is the minimum of symptoms that can occur when the allergy starts.
There is a possibility of general reactions of the organism: worsening of asthma, rhinitis, cough. Sometimes helminthic invasion is accompanied by brittleness and hair loss, cracking of the skin on the heels and foiling of the nails.
Depending on the severity of the infestation, symptoms can range from mild to severe. From mild nausea and diarrhea to chronic bloating, constipation, vomiting, navel and hypochondriac pain. Tissue worms do not affect the gastrointestinal tract as much as intestinal parasites.
Signs and symptoms of parasites in the body
- allergic reactions (edema of the mucous membranes, the formation of dense foci);
- constipation or diarrhea;
- nervousness and sleep disturbance;
- gnashing of teeth;
- cold sweat and loss of strength;
- heart pain and more.
The main sources of parasitic infections in summer are: raw fish, dirty hands, unwashed vegetables and fruits, water (protozoa survive in chlorinated water in cysts) and, of course, pets. On the fur of the animal there are eggs of worms (Ascaris and Toxocara), Giardia, and with the wet breath of the dog the eggs of the parasite are dispersed up to 5 meters.
The summer period is a high risk of parasite infection. This problem is especially true for children. According to statistics, 8 out of 10 schoolchildren have parasitic infections: outdoor games, dirty hands and close contact with animals often cause the appearance of "harmful inhabitants", which in turn create a lack of nutrients in the child, inhibiting its growth. and development.
Worm symptoms depending on the type of parasite
For different types of worms in humans, the symptoms will be different. It is also worth considering the duration and severity of parasite infection, the general condition of the patient before infection. The table below analyzes the main symptoms of worms in humans according to their diversity.> zxtable border = "1" cellpadding = "0" >
In which organs can parasites live?
Worm parasites are divided into two categories, which correspond to the site of activity in the donor's body.
- Cavitary - worms that live in different parts of the digestive tract. There are about 100 species of intestinal parasites, and for each part of the intestine there are several dozen species. The small intestine is ready to receive ascaris, antelope, broad ribbons and other less common "brothers". The small intestine will "share its living space" with pinworms, tapeworms and others. The medical literature describes cases when one person was infected with several types of parasites at the same time.
- Tissue - worms localized in organs, tissues, and even in the blood. Modern medicine successfully copes with paragonimiosis (lungs), cysticercosis (brain), echinococcosis (liver) and filariasis (lymphatic vessels). Some worm larvae move through the body through the circulatory system and randomly attach to any organ. If a lot of eggs are ingested, the whole organism can be infected.
Consequences of parasitosis on the human body
By fighting against foreign antibodies, the body's immune system is depleted. In humans, the reserves of potassium, copper, manganese, selenium, zinc, magnesium and silicon are reduced. In addition to impaired hematopoiesis and hormonal disorders, parasites:
- They damage organs and tissues.
- Empty your immune system.
- Metabolic disorder.
- They poison the body with toxins.
- Violate the blood supply to organs and lymph circulation.
- They inhibit the microflora of the skin, intestines.
- They inhibit the growth and development of children, etc.
It is worth noting that the human body has defense mechanisms that can neutralize parasites. Proper bowel function also produces special substances to destroy parasites.
For example, worm eggs can die in saliva, they can be stopped by the acidic environment of the stomach. Proper bowel function also produces special substances to destroy parasites. However, few people can boast of perfect health.
Ways to fight parasites
First, drug treatment, which is very effective and based on the use of synthetic drugs. However, taking these drugs not only destroys parasites, but also damages the bone marrow, blood cells, mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, liver, and nerve cells. Restorative measures are usually required after such treatment.
Second, an alternative treatment - taking herbal infusions to cleanse the body. This method does not cause complications and has virtually no contraindications. The most common recipes against parasites are garlic, wormwood tincture, ground ginger, herbal decoctions and other natural ingredients. Unfortunately, the effectiveness of this method has not always been proven, and the exact doses have not been fully determined.
Biologically active additives and complexes on a natural basis have a multifaceted complex effect on the body. In the first stage, the body is cleansed, then - an active antiparasitic attack, and finally - the restoration of intestinal microflora.
Treatment of helminthiasis
Treating parasitic diseases is a big problem. It is important to know not only how to get rid of parasites, but also to present the goals of parasitosis treatment:
- elimination of parasites and all forms of their existence (cysts, eggs, larvae, etc. ),
- normalization of disturbed work of all organs and systems,
- recovery of the organism.
The choice of treatment is made individually, based on:
- severity of parasitic invasion,
- the presence of complications from a particular organ,
- severity of concomitant diseases in humans, etc.
The advantages of drugs in the treatment of parasitic diseases are:
- the ability to summarize the positive effects of several agents.
How to get rid of parasites
It is not recommended to start self-medication. There are about 60 species of worms in our country, and it is necessary to choose the appropriate preparations for each one. Usually doctors use 10 types of drugs and their analogues according to the type of helminth. These drugs have a mild detoxifying effect on the patient's body.
Parasites "live" in the organs of almost every person. Unfortunately, even babies who are still in the womb cannot be protected from the influence of protozoan single-celled parasites. To destroy them, of course, you can not resort to tablets, radiation and other actions. To prevent the "worms" from reproducing again, you need to change your diet, ideally switch to a raw food diet or sit on a plant-based diet for a while.
The number of parasites in the human body is increasing and increasing. There are many of them, which is why diseases and organ disorders are born. If you really want to perform cleaning against parasites, then just one cleaning procedure will not be enough.
This issue should be approached comprehensively, preferably under the supervision of experts. And in order for the "worms" not to start reproducing again, you need to change your diet, ideally switch to a raw food diet, or sit on a plant-based diet for a while.