Parasitosis is one of the most common diseases that occurs at any age, regardless of gender. Infection is especially common in children during the warm season. The risk group also includes people who come into contact with the homeless and do not respect the rules of personal hygiene.
Helminths are initially found in the gastrointestinal tract, but are already forming, worms can penetrate the intestinal mucosa into the liver, lungs, and even the brain, moving through the circulatory system.
The presence of parasites is indicated by several main symptoms of infection, but there are also distant signs as a result of worm activity. An infected person can develop diseases that are not related to the gastrointestinal tract.
- active weight loss, while appetite only improves, the person eats a lot;
- fatigue, apathy, unreasonable irritability;
- problems with memory and concentration, distraction;
- muscle weakness and pain.
There are various helminths that can cause other disorders. For example, giardiasis causes problems with the digestive tract, swine tapeworm gives a sharp weight loss, roundworms lead to allergic manifestations, and even bronchial asthma. Worms transmitted from cats (liver fluke) give symptoms such as liver pain, high body temperature.
Bitan!Helminth infection is especially dangerous for the child's body, because the child still has a weak immune defense, and they multiply very quickly and spread throughout the body.
It is important to take into account the fact that the child's stomach is smaller, but the worms grow in the same way, because there is a strong stretching of the organs, they can completely occupy it, which has extremely unpleasant consequences.
In a child with helminthiasis will indicate poor sleep, irritability, loss of appetite(when worms fill the stomach), fatigue, indigestion. These are typical signs of the presence of ascaris or Giardia in a child’s body.
The adult body already has a set of enzymes that partially protect against infection. They are located in the mouth, which becomes a significant barrier to the penetration of larvae.
Worth to know!Patients develop a severe allergic reaction in response to infection.
Worms negatively affect the immune defense, reduce the protective mechanism, impair the function of the liver and the entire digestive tract. An infected person becomes susceptible to various seasonal infectious diseases, colds, flu, etc. Treatment of these pathologies already requires more effort and a long time.
There is a division of parasites into species, there are intestinal and extraintestinal. The first ones enter the gastrointestinal tract and multiply there, and the extraintestinal ones spread to the muscles, liver, heart, lungs, under the skin and other organs. The latter are very dangerous because they can get anywhere with the bloodstream, interfering with the functioning of any organ.
Ocal worms, pinworms, toxocara (intestinal) give the following manifestations:
- allergic rash, acne, acne on the face and whole body;
- fragility of hair and nails;
- appearance of papillomas, various types of warts;
- seborrhea and skin roughness.
Often, protruding papillomas begin to appear in people with the presence of helminths on the body. Other manifestations of the infection include progressive weight loss, bad taste and bad breath. The patient begins to sleep anxiously, waking up in the middle of the night.
In severe cases, worms can cause cardiovascular disease, benign and malignant tumors. They can cause epileptic seizures, symptoms of diabetes. Gnashing of teeth can be noticed at night, but this does not prove the presence of the disease.
Attention!The human liver is particularly negatively affected by the liver fluke, which leads to a strong inflammatory process of the organs. During the infection, the liver canal becomes blocked, which at the same time has a negative effect on the vascular system.
It is dangerous that in the initial stages, the disease cannot be manifested in any way, but when its pathogens increase, a vivid clinical picture of the disease is already visible. Often a person turns to the wrong specialist, because worms cause various pathologies, which hides the real cause of the disease.
Liver fluke can give the following symptoms:
- high body temperature up to 39 degrees;
- dermatological manifestations in the form of rash, redness of the skin;
- pain in the epigastric region;
- enlargement of the liver is observed when the organ is palpated;
- dyspeptic manifestations, diarrhea followed by constipation.
Without treatment, a person's condition gradually worsens, symptoms increase, and dangerous signs of a serious infection appear. The patient develops insomnia, irritability, nervousness, unreasonable loss of strength. Abdominal and back pain, biliary colic are also expressed. The infection is often accompanied by such a manifestation as the formation of cysts of internal organs.
The most common set of signs of infection:
- violation of bowel function on the background of large helminth sizes, which can lead to obstruction;
- constipation, which results from obstruction of some parts of the intestine;
- diarrhea that occurs when helminths eliminate substances such as chloride and sodium and do not leave the body with feces;
- bloating, pain, as a result of accumulation of worms in the upper part of the intestine;
- itching in the anus, night tremor is a mandatory symptom of pinworm infection.
Treatment with folk remedies
Recipes for alternative medicine do not have a guarantee of quality, but millions of people who have encountered the problem have been tested for years. Home treatment methods are primarily aimed at improving a person's general condition, and only then at eliminating the cause of the disease, if possible.
It is important to rememberthat any folk remedy can adversely affect health and further aggravate existing disease, so it is necessary to consult a doctor before treatment.
Traditional medicine recommends starting treatment by changing the diet, which is confirmed by doctors. It is necessary to increase the amount of foods such as pomegranate, pepper, garlic, onion, grapefruit, pumpkin seeds and apple cider vinegar in the diet.
Recipes of traditional medicine are effective in the early period of infection, when the spread of helminths in the body has not yet occurred. It should also be noted that fasting is not a cure, this way you cannot get rid of the parasite, but you can become exhausted of the organism, which can no longer cope with worms.
To get rid of worms, pharmaceutical preparations should be used in parallel with folk remedies.There are so-called anthelmintic products, which should be considered as treatment and prevention.
Effective traditional medicine:
- Aloe vera- the plant promotes peristalsis, is a natural antibacterial agent, destroys allergens;
- Anise- together with a laxative will help relieve intestinal cramps, for cooking you need 3 tablespoons of the plant, pour 150 ml of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes;
- Angelica- the plant relieves muscle pain, but the drug is contraindicated for pregnant women and people with diabetes;
- Barberry- for cooking it is necessary to cook 3 grams of roots or 2 teaspoons of berries in 150 ml of water, cook for 15 minutes, then drink 2 times a day;
- Soda- a quarter of a teaspoon should be dissolved in water and drunk before bedtime;
- Elecampaneis a natural digestive stimulant that helps address indigestion.
The use of cat's claw, paprika, coconut, marigold for healing is also effective. Carrots, for example, are an affordable method for removing worms in young children. You need to eat a little grated carrot a day on an empty stomach.
But garlic is the most effective and best known anthelmintic. Destroys more than 20 species of parasites. For the therapeutic effect, it is enough to eat a slice of garlic with meals.
Troychatka includes several components that actively fight helminths. These are walnut, wormwood, cloves.
The cloves need to be finely chopped. From walnuts you will need the green shell of a young plant. It is necessary to grind the product (about 15 pieces) and pour 0, 5 liters of alcohol. Insist for a month. Wormwood for cooking must be dried and then chopped in a blender.
Clove seeds boost immunity and kill worms. On the first day it is necessary to take 1/5 teaspoon, then increase the dose to 2/5, from the third day you should use a full spoon.
Wormwood powder should be consumed on the first day 1 pinch, rinse with plenty of water. In the following days the dose is increased by 1 pinch.
Tincture of nuts should be consumed on the first day in the amount of 1 drop per 100 ml of water, and then the dose is increased by 1 drop per day.
The approximate course of treatment is 14 days.
When choosing a treatment, it is important to remember that without a change in diet, the process can be delayed. To get rid of worms, you need to approach comprehensively, using folk recipes, pharmaceutical products and adhering to a diet.