Helminthiasis is one of the most unpleasant and vile diseases. Parasites live in the human body, poison the body and cause chronic diseases. You can get sick for years without even realizing it - this phase of helminthiasis is called the erased course.
Due to the impossibility of completely preventing the entry of worms into the body, it is necessary to know the symptoms they cause, not only in childhood, but also in adulthood.
The first symptoms
The main danger of the disease in the first phase is that it is quite difficult to detect parasites. The symptoms often coincide with the causes of other diseases.If you find the following feelings and signs, it is recommended that you test for helminths:
- unreasonable rise in temperature;
- lymph nodes are unusually enlarged;
- painful pain in muscle tissue and painful pain in joints;
- teeth and skin become yellowish;
- anal itching;
- increased appetite;
- occasionally skin rashes appear;
- swelling of the legs, arms and fingers;
- abdominal pain and gas;
- bitter taste in the mouth;
- frequent snoring;
- insomnia or restless sleep.
Similar symptoms with a probability of 70% signal an invasion. Contact a doctor immediately and get tested for parasites.
Bitan!Even if the medical examination of feces and blood did not show the presence of worms, you should still take the medication recommended by your doctor. Analyzes cannot always detect helminths the first time.
The gastrointestinal tract is the main habitat of parasites, although they can spread to any internal organs. By knowing what symptoms exist, you can successfully narrow down the list of helminth species that have settled in the body. What are the signs of worms in the gastrointestinal tract?
- One of the symptoms is pain in the joints and muscles.
- Feverish condition.
- Weakened immunity and the development of various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The total number of eosinophils (subtypes of white blood cells) in the blood becomes higher.
- Allergic reactions occur.
Tapeworms cause the appearance of manifestations similar to those characteristic of nematodes.If you find such signs, you should consult a doctor and undergo a comprehensive examination for different types of parasites.
No less dangerous are the parasites that have settled in the respiratory system. In some species, the developmental cycle necessarily involves the passage of larvae through the lungs of the host. They then return to the intestines through the mouth when swallowed.Possible signs:
- First of all, chest pains and tingling occur.
- It becomes difficult to breathe: the person is accompanied by shortness of breath and choking attacks.
- Lung infection with parasites occurs on the background of an unpleasant and weakened state of the whole organism.
- Body temperature rises rapidly.
- In the morning, the patient wakes up from a cough attack with sputum.
- There are problems with the organs of sight.
- The person suffers from extensive allergies.
- Infected lose their appetite. There are signs of toxin poisoning.
- Increased headache.
- Vomiting and nausea.
In the largest human gland, which performs many important functions, worms also inhabit. They interfere with his work, causing dangerous diseases.The following manifestations may occur:
- Due to the activities of the parasite, anemia developed. The concentration of hemoglobin and the total volume of erythrocytes decreases. Attention is not focused. The patient becomes pale and quickly gets tired of any activity.
- The stool is in a liquid state.
- Symptoms such as swelling and itching appear.
- The whole body feels pain.
- The patient has a fever and begins to lose weight abruptly.
- A person infected with worms is constantly sick and vomiting.
- Significant worsening of appetite.
- The liver seems to have become larger.
- Severe nettle rash.
- The patient looks sick.
Bitan!In advanced cases, parasites in the liver lead to nervous disorders, duodenal ulcers, irritability, headaches and other dangerous consequences.
Eyes or brain
Extreme danger to human life and health is posed by worms that have chosen their organs of vision and brain for their habitat. Timely diagnosis of parasites in these places will avoid brain damage and blindness.
- Eye damage manifests itself as follows:
- Inflammation of the conjunctiva due to larvae trapped in it.
- The eyelids swell like an ulcer.
- The patient feels something moving in his eyes.
- Extended decorated lines appear on the skin of the eyelids.
- Conjunctivitis is one of the consequences of infection of the visual organs with parasites.
- Brain damage is expressed as follows:
- Nervous tension and breakdowns.
- Sleep problems that lead to constant insomnia.
- It became difficult to drink alcohol. Intake of strong drinks causes severe headaches.
- The nape of the neck and temples are the main sites of pain.
- Depression does not stop and only gets worse.
- During the headache, the parasite is constantly infected and wants to vomit.
- Sudden eye problems begin.
Only a qualified doctor can accurately determine the diagnosis. In addition to therapeutic and hospital examinations, the patient is advised to, if possible, report to laboratories specializing in the diagnosis of parasites.
The most common symptoms
Many signs of infection are common for most round or tapeworms. After determining the main consequences, it is worth moving on to identify a specific type of parasite for effective treatment with an appropriate drug. Possible symptoms of helminthiasis:
- A skin rash is one of the main signs of a parasitic invasion. These can be ordinary acne, rent, papillomas, urticaria or eczema.
- Chronic cough does not go away after taking antibiotics and expectorants.
- Reduced immunity does not allow the patient to get out of a constant cold state.
- The movement of worms inside the body causes severe pain in the joints.
- Blockage by large helminths of the rectum, pancreas and gallbladder is expressed in constipation and bloating.
- Increased nervous activity causes gnashing of teeth.
- Gastrointestinal problems cause irritability.
- Inflammation of the upper respiratory tract is accompanied by runny nose, pneumonia and other diseases. Such symptoms are especially characteristic of diseases with strongyloidiasis (intestinal acne) and ascariasis (roundworms).
- Metabolic disorders and poisoning by products of worm activity cause a chronic depressive state.
The symptoms will allow an experienced therapist to distinguish the parasitic infestation from diseases that have similar signs. During the active phase of reproduction, the diagnosis is clarified with the help of tests.
Symptoms of infection in children
Helminths are very dangerous for younger members of the human race. Timely detection of parasites in children is crucial for their healthy development. Sometimes the signs of worms in a child's body look quite harmless, so parents need to be extremely careful.
- If your baby is snoring in his sleep and sleeping poorly, you should consider the presence of pinworms in a fragile body. They affect brain tissue, causing nervous reactions.
- General and local manifestations of allergic reactions are also characteristic of invasion. Giardia causes the following common reactions: nail cracks, bronchial asthma, rhinitis. Local reactions are in such signs: itchy skin, dry cough and asthmatic cramps.
- The consequences of a weakened immune system in children are inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (sinusitis), lesions of the oral mucosa (stomatitis), inflammatory processes in female organs (vulvovaginitis) and bacterial vaginosis.
- Ascariasis and difilobotriosis (broad tapeworm) cause aggression and irritability in children. This happens due to brain poisoning by helminth waste.
- Hormones produced by certain types of parasitic worms cause malabsorption of fluid in the gastrointestinal tract. This leads to stool disorders and diarrhea.
If a person has worms, what symptoms can be detected regardless of age? From depression and allergies to severe diseases of internal organs, disorders of the brain and nervous system.Children are particularly sensitive to the negative effects of parasites.In babies, chronic poisoning with toxic waste products of various worms causes mental disorder and developmental delay.
The first symptoms should be an alarming signal of the need for urgent diagnosis and proper treatment of the established disease. After the body gets rid of helminths in time, the patient will soon recover and return to the joy of life.
Timely medical consultation will help determine the exact type of helminth, which will precisely prescribe effective treatment procedures.