Helminthiasis is a disease that occurs as a result of infection with helminths (worms). They cause many other dangerous diseases and greatly suppress the immune system. Worms can be localized not only in the intestines, but also in the eyes, brain, muscles. It is important to know how to get rid of worms at home and what measures to take to avoid getting infected.
Why it is necessary to treat helminthiasis
Almost all known worms negatively affect the human body:
- Ascaris - damages tissues and organs, leading to chronic pathologies of the heart, liver, lungs, gastrointestinal tract.
- Vlasoglavy - break through the walls of the gastrointestinal tract, cling to them and poison the body with the products of its vital activity.
- Echinococcus - clogs the bile ducts, causes cholecystitis and cholelithiasis, forms cysts in internal organs and even in the brain.
That is why it is imperative to get rid of helminthiasis, and to do so as soon as possible.
How to find out if a person has worms at home
The presence of worms in the body cannot be determined visually. But there are characteristic symptoms that may indicate an infection:
- drowsiness, chronic fatigue, malaise;
- frequent diarrhea or constipation, vomiting, nausea;
- weakened immune system, regular colds;
- suddenly manifested allergy;
- sudden unexplained weight loss.
In children, the presence of worms is characterized by the following symptoms:
- poor sleep, gnashing of teeth in sleep;
- frequent diarrhea, vomiting, bloating;
- excessive salivation;
- itching in the anus;
- irritability, drowsiness;
- brittle nails, hair and dry skin.
However, these signs are not specific for worm infection and may accompany other pathologies. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor. It is necessary to contact an infectologist and gastroenterologist.
Laboratory tests of feces, smears and blood help to make an accurate diagnosis and find out which worms have infected the body.
Treatment of worms with folk remedies
Folk recipes also help to get rid of parasitic worms, but it is better to combine them with drugs. They themselves work more slowly and not always completely, that is, they will need far from one course to achieve the desired result.
Garlic and garlic
Onions are effective against pinworms, giardia, ascaris, killing them in one or two applications. Garlic will help get rid of all worms, but is contraindicated in exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases, epilepsy and liver failure.
Recipes with garlic and onion:
- Chop one large onion, pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 10 hours. It means drinking in the morning on an empty stomach once. The course can be repeated in a week.
- A few cloves of garlic (55 g) should be crushed and poured with 250 ml of vodka, insist for a week. Drink 30 drops three times a day for 14 days.
Helps safely remove nematodes and cestodes. Nuts must be used unripe with the peel. Pour four tablespoons of chopped raw materials into a glass of boiling water and insist until cool. Drink the entire amount of prepared product during the day divided into three portions. The last portion should be supplemented with a laxative.
Pomegranate peel medicine can be used not only to get rid of parasites, but also to prevent re-infection. It is prepared as follows:
- 5 g of chopped dry bark is poured boiling water (0, 5 l);
- the mixture is put on fire and evaporated so that half of the liquid remains;
- after cooling, the drug is drunk completely on an empty stomach;
- after a couple of hours you have to bring your hand luggage.
Milk with garlic
It is used as an intestinal enema. The tool gently affects the digestive tract, helping to get rid of worms. Before a medical enema, it is recommended to make an cleansing enema.
The head of the spice plant should be crushed, poured over with boiling water (250 ml) and left to cool. Then strain the tincture and mix with 250 ml of milk.
Milk increases the effectiveness of garlic and has a mild laxative effect.
This is the most popular and well-known remedy for eliminating worms. To get rid of parasites, seeds are used:
- Every day on an empty stomach it is necessary to eat 2 tablespoons of ground raw seeds, and after 2 hours take a laxative.
- Once on an empty stomach it is necessary to eat 300 g of seeds and after half an hour drink a glass of milk, then take a laxative.
Pumpkin seeds have no contraindications. However, they should be used with caution in people who have increased stomach acidity.
Alcohol, if used properly, will also help get rid of parasitic worms. Every day on an empty stomach should drink 15 g of alcohol, and after 30 minutes - a tablespoon of castor oil. The course of therapy is 5-7 days.
If there is intolerance to cognac in pure form, the drink can be mixed with tea or water.
To get rid of worms, it is recommended to make an enema of coffee. Three spoons of natural ground coffee must be boiled in a liter of water. The solution is infused until cool and filtered. It is recommended to keep it in the intestines for 15-20 minutes. The duration of therapy is 14 days, after a week it can be repeated to prevent recurrence.
Wormwood, tansy, yarrow
The bitter plant wormwood has a detrimental effect on all types of worms. To get rid of helminths with the help of dried pharmaceutical wormwood, you need to prepare a tincture:
- Pour vodka over the grass in a ratio of 1: 3.
- Insist for seven days.
- Take 50 g on an empty stomach for two weeks.
You can also boil the herbs with a glass of boiling water and insist until it cools down, then divide the medicine into portions and take it during the day. Both recipes are very effective and safe, they help you get rid of parasites quickly, if the dose is not violated.
Prohibited means with wormwood for pregnant women, as well as during menstruation.
You can get rid of worms at home quickly and without consequences with the help of other medicinal plants:
- Decoction of tansy. Dry grass is ground into a powder and mixed with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat 1 tbsp. l. morning and evening. This treatment is only suitable for adults. The evening reception is recommended to be combined with an enema or a means of carrying.
- Immortelle from tapeworm parasites. 2 tablespoons of grass are boiled in boiling water (0, 5 l) and infused in a thermos for 14 hours. Strain and take half a glass three times a day for 7 days.
A tasty medicine will not only help to get rid of worms, but will also strengthen the immune system in order to quickly eliminate the consequences of the invasion. Drink cranberry juice 500-750 ml daily for 3-5 days. Sugar cannot be added to drinks.
How to quickly get rid of worms with medication
Unwanted "neighbors" should not only be destroyed, but also get rid of in a gentle way - remove them without harm to your own body. Worm treatment is carried out in three stages:
- Preparatory, lasting up to a week. During this time, the body must be cleansed of toxic substances and prepared for subsequent treatment. To do this, three times a day you should drink pumpkin oil half an hour before meals, 1 teaspoon.
- The main one is taking anthelmintic drugs. At this point it turns out to get rid of the worms and remove them completely from the body.
- Restorative - diet and vitamin intake for rapid recovery after anthelmintic therapy.
To get rid of parasites, it is best to resort to the medical method of deworming under the supervision of a specialist.
There are many effective drugs, but they often cause negative side effects. To avoid them, you must read the instructions carefully and follow all the doctor's recommendations.
If you are interested in how to get rid of worms at home in 1 day, then this remedy is just for you. For adults, one tablet (150 mg) at night is enough and the problem is solved. Dosage is determined individually:
- children 3-6 years - 25 mg;
- 7-10 years - up to 75 mg;
- 10-18 years - 100 mg.
The active substance of Levamisole in the composition of the drug helps to remove ascaris, pinworms, necator and other types of worms. The drug is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women, as well as in persons with impaired renal or hepatic function.
It helps in a short time to get rid of worms - cestodes and nematodes. After a person takes the drug, the parasite experiences paralysis and soon dies.
The drug is available in tablet form. The capsules are taken without chewing and drink plenty of water. The dosage is chosen according to the type of worms you need to get rid of. The duration of therapy varies: 1-3 days.
This tool will not only help get rid of worm infections, but also prevent re-infection. It is available in the form of tablets and suspensions, which can be given to babies from 4 years of age.
The action of the drug applies to all types of worms. It is also prescribed for mixed invasions. The main contraindication is individual intolerance to the components of the drug. Dosage depends on the type of parasite:
- to get rid of ascaris worms, you need to take 400 mg (tablets) or 20 ml of suspension per day;
- for killing Giardia - 10-15 mg / 1 kg for 4-6 days;
- to get rid of trichinosis, drink 400 mg (20 ml of suspension) twice a day for 15 days.
Characteristics of personal hygiene and nutrition during treatment
To get rid of parasitic worms without negative consequences, it is recommended to adhere to a diet during therapy:
- Exclude heavy foods - fried, fatty, smoked, sweets, starchy foods, carbonated and alcoholic beverages.
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Follow the drinking regimen recommended by nutritionists.
- Consume dairy products.
The patient should use individual hygiene products: towels, toothbrushes, etc. After going to the toilet, be sure to wash your hands with soap and wash them. You should also change your underwear every day. In that case, the worm will get rid of it easily, and the rest of the household will not get infected.
Prevention of helminthiasis
To protect yourself from worm infection again, you need:
- Wash food and hands thoroughly before use.
- Process meat / fish properly (boil / fry completely).
- Boil tap water before drinking.
- Once every six months, you prevent helminthiasis in pets.
Unfortunately, no one is immune to worm infections. Children are especially susceptible to it, for which it is impossible to monitor day and night. Therefore, it is advisable to do tests for various worms once a year and carry out preventive drug treatment after consulting a doctor.