Helminths, popularly called worms, are parasites that live in the human body and cause various deviations. This disease is called helminthiasis. Experts can list several hundred helminths, among which the most common are pinworms, roundworms, feline flukes and others. Such parasites, although they cause many problems, do not pose a particular threat to health. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable damage to the human body, and these are echinococcus, alveococcus, bovine tapeworm - tapeworm that can reach several meters in length.
There are many reasons for worms to enter the body, and this can happen if:
- the person neglects the rules of personal hygiene;
- does not respect hygienic standards when preparing food;
- eats poorly processed foods;
- eats unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- do not wash hands after contact with animals;
- swimming in a polluted river or lake;
- it has been bitten by an insect (although bite infection is extremely rare);
- it is often found next to diseased helminthiasis.
Symptoms of helminthiasis
How to get rid of helminths if the presence of most of them has no pronounced symptoms? Nevertheless, there are some very eloquent signs:
- bowel emptying difficulties - some types of helminths can block the bowels, causing constipation;
- diarrhea - frequent diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, because these parasites secrete substances that cause watery stools;
- gas formation is quite common, but if it is observed for more than 14 days, then, most likely, the worms have settled in the body;
- allergy - substances secreted by worms synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are the cells that cause allergies;
- pain in muscles and joints - worms break into muscles and move there, which is the cause of pain;
- worsening of appearance - with helminthiasis often there are external signs of infection - wrinkles, acne, rash, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss may occur;
- change in body weight - the body responds to a foreign invasion by increasing weight, and if the weight falls, it means that the parasites draw from it useful substances;
- anemia - helminths suck nutrients from the blood, which leads to a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - the symptom occurs due to the release of worms from the body;
- gnashing of teeth in sleep;
- increased fatigue - acute lack of nutrients leads to fatigue and apathy;
- insomnia - the body begins to actively fight helminths, so restless sleep or insomnia may occur;
- fever and cough - the presence of helminths can cause shortness of breath and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Before you fight worms, you need to pass tests to identify them.
What are dangerous worms
As they develop, the parasites are perfectly adapted to the internal environment of man. Most often, people suffering from helminthiasis, who come to the hospital with various diseases, do not even suspect that they are caused by the presence of parasites in the body.
Almost all worms have small hooks or pumps that hold them tightly to the walls of the intestines and other organs. They spread throughout the body - attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines, and even the brain. The insidiousness of helminthiasis lies in the fact that doctors can often make a wrong diagnosis, confusing the symptoms. How to remove worms from the body, prevent its destruction? It is very important to know that the treatment of worms is only half the battle, because the decomposition products left after them continue to poison the body. So you need to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Methods of treatment
There are two ways to remove worms from a person - this is drug therapy and traditional medicine. Treatment of worms with drugs is divided into three phases - preparatory, therapeutic and restorative. The drugs are broad and narrow spectrum. Broad-spectrum drugs can kill any type of parasite, narrow-spectrum drugs are prescribed to treat certain types of worms. The most effective of them are:
- carbamic acid methyl ester - available in tablet form, treats enterobiosis and trichuriasis;
- Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative - is available in the form of a suspension or tablet, is prescribed for the treatment of ascariasis, enterobiasis and others. This medicine can be used even during pregnancy, but prior consultation with a doctor is required;
- Benzimidazole carbamate derivative - there are 3 types - suppositories, powders and tablets, in children it helps to remove pinworms. In addition, it is prescribed for beef and pork tapeworm, giardia and roundworm. The drug destroys not only adult parasites, but also their larvae.
There are still many medications that help in recovery from both worms and their breakdown products. But the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, which is why the patient after the treatment has headaches, indigestion, allergies, general weakness and fatigue. By destroying parasites, drugs simultaneously damage the microflora of the whole organism, so alternative medicine is a great alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without resorting to the use of pharmaceutical preparations. They practically do not cause side effects, gently cleanse the body and help it restore its functions.
Treatment of worms with medicinal herbs
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various plants? For this purpose, special plants with anthelmintic properties are collected, decoctions and tinctures are prepared from them.
- Dry mixture of cloves, tansy and wormwood.Take herbs in equal amounts, mix and eat 5 gr. These mixtures daily on an empty stomach, drink plenty of warm water. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- Wormwood decoction.This medicine for earthworms in small quantities is very effective, but if it is exceeded, it has a negative effect on the organism. Mix centaury and wormwood in equal proportions, separate 30 gr. mixture, pour a glass of water and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. The decoction is drunk half an hour before bedtime.
- Celandine infusion.Grind the leaves and roots of the plant, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap in a towel and leave to cool. Then strain the mixture and take twice a day for 3 days. Celandine belongs to the category of poisonous plants, but in small quantities it is absolutely safe and very effective in the treatment of stubborn parasites.
- Elecampane tincture.Mix in equal proportions elekampana root, tansy flowers and dried blueberries. Separate about 40 gr. and pour a glass of water. Cook the mixture over low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons for 7 days.
Treating worms with folk remedies involves using products available to everyone. Onions have excellent antimicrobial action, and are also used in the fight against helminthiasis:
- Cut the middle onion a little with a knife, pour a glass of warm water over it and leave it overnight. In the morning on an empty stomach drink onion tincture;
- twist the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze the juice, mix with the juice of three-year-old aloe and a spoonful of honey. This mixture should be eaten three times a day;
- Twist a few medium onions through a meat grinder, pour over half a liter of vodka. Give 10-12 days, then strain and take a tablespoon three times daily before meals.
It is important to know!Categories of people who are prohibited from taking alcohol can use aqueous infusions.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to quickly get rid of worms with garlic:
- grate garlic cloves, mix with a liter of warm boiled water and make an enema at bedtime;
- crushed garlic add a glass of warm milk and drink before bedtime, this method is effective in treating a child from worms;
- make a mixture of garlic, egg yolks, salted herring and warm milk. It should be taken in 100 g. several times a day, such a drug is very effective against tapeworm.
Other worm medicines
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done by conventional means.
Spread some green nuts through a meat grinder together with the shell. Boil a glass of water, add a little salt and pour over the nuts. Wrap the mixture and leave for about 3 hours. Then strain and drink the whole infusion at once.
Squeeze the juice of sauerkraut and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Pour five tablespoons of dry bark with half a liter of vodka. Keep for 7 days in a dark place, shaking the container occasionally. Strain the tincture and take a teaspoon three to four times daily before meals. The duration of treatment is 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. To enhance the anthelmintic effect, they can be combined with other products:
- seeds and honey - twist a glass of peeled seeds through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach, after two or three hours drink a laxative;
- seeds and garlic - fry the seeds a little in a dry pan and mix with three large cloves of chopped garlic. Add 20 gr. fresh honey, insist 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- seeds and milk - grind seeds and eat with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the most effective and safest ways to get rid of helminthiasis.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in adults with cognac. And although many are skeptical about such a treatment, when used properly, this drink quickly and safely helps to get rid of helminths.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink before bed. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of cognac and tea helps the worms to stay behind the walls of the internal organs, then they become especially vulnerable. 2 hours after taking cognac, you must get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine offers many safe ways to get rid of worms in children. This is very important, because the child's body is still very fragile and vulnerable. But, unfortunately, children do not always understand the need for treatment. In order not to be uncomfortable and painful, there are recipes that a small patient will like:
- carrot honey juice - mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a spoonful of fresh honey. If your child likes carrots, you can simply grate them, add honey and let the baby eat them;
- fry pumpkin seeds a little, grind, mix with honey. The child will eat this mixture with pleasure.
If symptoms are threatening, herbal decoctions, garlic enemas and laxatives are used.
Any disease is better prevented than cured, therefore, to avoid the entry of parasites into the body, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- wash your hands as often as possible, especially after the street and before meals;
- wash all eaten vegetables and fruits;
- subjected to thorough heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- limit contact with street animals;
- pets are systematically shown to the vet.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with proper treatment you can get rid of it very quickly.