Worms are parasitic worms that live in the human body. It is known that there are about three hundred species of helminths in the world. Worms parasitize in the internal organs, affect them and cause various diseases.
Parasite eggs enter the human body in several ways.
- Contact is one of the most common ways of entering the human body. Infectious helminthiasis is transmitted when the rules of personal hygiene (unwashed hands) are not followed.
- Geohelminthiasis. The larvae enter the soil or water with the feces of sick animals or the transmission of insects. Flies are the main carriers of infection. Also, the source of the invasion is direct contact with a sick animal, through feces, saliva or wool.
- Biohelminthiasis. Infection occurs through food. Worm eggs enter the body through unwashed vegetables, fruits, eggs. Consumption of insufficiently heat-treated meat, fish, seafood also leads to invasion.
- transmission path. Some parasites enter the body through insect bites.
Signs of worms
You can recognize the presence of the disease in a person by the following symptoms:
- itching in the anus;
- bloating, bloating;
- stool injury;
- allergic rash on the body;
- weight changes;
- chronic fatigue syndrome.
If these signs appear, contact your doctor immediately, who will give you instructions for tests, to diagnose the disease.
It is not possible to immediately detect the presence of the disease. The latency period can last for years. After diagnosis, anthelmintic drugs are prescribed by a specialist who conducts a series of tests, identifying the type of parasite and the stage of the disease. A special treatment will be prescribed for each type of parasite. Self-medication in this case is contraindicated. In the acute form of the disease, the doctor prescribes infusions, injections.
Anthelmintic treatment is not always effective, so the course of therapy is repeated after a few weeks. During treatment, some helminth worms die and come out through the feces.
Worm treatment has an integrated approach, including immunotherapy and the use of antibacterial drugs. All family members should take a preventive course against helminthiasis.